What is fiber? – Easiest and cheapest sources of fiber.
“When you plan your diet plan your diet like a nutritionist” is one of the most common advice every one of us might have heard of. While we were on some kind of routine checkup.
Now what does that mean?
This means, vitamins are as important as protein, minerals are as important as carbs, fiber is as important as fats, in a nutshell all of them are as important as other for your body to grow and breathe. You just need to keep a balance of all of these things:
Why is fiber important for our body and what are the easy sources you can get it from.
Before starting this, I want you to look at the fiber level needed by the body, according to our age:
What is fiber?
In short fiber is a type of carbs that our body is incapable to digest. Fibers are essentially very important to the body because of the quality it is full of. Every diet should be stuffed with some fiber sources that help in many of things. Some of the benefits are as follows:
Health benefits of fiber:
- Fibers are best for your intestines.
- Controls the blood sugar level.
- Makes your stomach feel full which in return lets you achieve a good healthy weight,
- Lowers cholesterol level.
- Helps in bowel movement.
- Prevents from several heart diseases.
What are the easy sources to look fiber from?
Below mentioned are the easiest and cheapest sources of fiber that you can buy from any normal grocery shop at your doorstep. According to their type:
- Brown rice
- Bran flakes
Best fiber comes from fruits and vegetables
Fruits andvegetables are the healthiest food option. Below mentioned are fruits and vegetable filled with nutrients specially fiber.
- Berries(Berries are the best of everything)
If you cannot fruits straight put eat them mixed in cereal that is oats etc. Like slices of banana cut into your oats.
You can also mix the fruits in your daily cup of yoghurt, or you can make smoothies out of them.
Dessert has got no goods replace it with fruits
Replace desserts with fruits such as Papaya, banana, apple, or pear, at the end of a meal.
Protip – Sliced fruit is more helpful than any kind of juices etc.
- Broccoli can be used with anything by you. Encapsulate them in pasta, baked vegetables and what not.
- Potatoes well not so many or sweet potatoes
- Cauliflower is a good source
Pro tip- Make your salad out of it, salad is very important for your overall health
If you are so fond of snacks, that most of us are. Try to incorporate healthy snacks into diet. They are loaded with not only fibers but they will provide calcium, proteins and every other thing.
While you are on some kind of shopping routine and you think of buying snacks. Look for the following things majorly:
Snacks with fiber and whole grains
· Minimize refined grains
· Exclude products with sugar in the form of corn syrup, corn syrup, high fructose, syrup nade up of malts and dextrose.
· Low sodium snacks
· Stay away from artificial preservatives for overall health.
Dry fruits are one of the healthiest snacks options from you. They are stuffed with some healthy fat, protein, fiber and other important things that yours body needs to do well.
Protip – While going for some snacks options try to have snacks that are made up of whole wheat’s like whole wheat sandwich, whole wheat burger etc. As you know whole wheat is a healthy option for not only fiber but other minerals as well.
Research says veg burger has 300% more fiber than a non-veg burger.
If you crave for sugar or chocolates while you are some kind of diet eat dark chocolate either.
Butter milk can be drank quite often it is a good beverage for intestinal problems and cleanses skin.
Nothing cheaper and as effective as beans. Beans have got everything your body will get benefitted from. Using them quite often will let you not deficient of fiber and you will see major health shifts
Some of easy and cheapest of them are:
· Black beans
· Lima beans
· Kidney beans
· Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans)
You can make a variety of meals using them. They are rich in proteins, vitamins, fiber and other essential nutrients your body needs
Some quick bakery tips-
· When going to a bakery look for whole wheat products, brown bread etc. Whole wheat breads are excellent for watching out diabetes.
· While you bake at home use whole grain flour quite often.
· When baking breads using yeast, use yeast in a good amount.
· Banana bread is a good alternative. While making pizza use other forms that are rich in nutrients.( Use whole grain products quite often), for toppings you can go for mushroom, spinach, beans and spinach etc
“There comes a healthy alternative for everything in life, so has your food. How adamant are you to make it or break it, will break the ice”
Now a quick question for you.
What are food items you use that helps you maintain your average fiber level?